Design a financial plan to ensure you reach your life goals with ease.
Get the coverage you need
to secure your loved ones’
Compare and Analyse
Make the most of your savings with reliable long-term returns.
Resources & Events
Explore guides, news, upcoming events and more.
4. You may be entitled to rebates from the commission we receive, as indicated below:
(a) rebate of 30% of all first-year basic commission we receive, for any insurance policies (excluding hospital and surgical and medical insurance policies) that you purchase.
5. No rebate will be provided for other types of insurance, including long term care policies and integrated shield plans (local hospital and surgical and medical insurance policies), as well as any insurance policies that are paid for, in whole or part, using CPF.
6. If required under the law, we may charge goods and services tax on fees payable by you, or pay withholding tax to the authorities on rebates payable to you.
7. Where we offer a rebate of basic commission for any product:
(a) If premiums are paid yearly, we will make payment of the rebate due to you as soon as practicable after we receive it from the relevant insurer(s). As a general guide, we receive our commission from the insurer 2-3 months after the date of inception/anniversary date of the insurance policy.
(b) If your premiums are paid monthly, we will make payment of the rebate due to you once a year, generally at the end of the calendar year.
(c) If an insurer does not provide a breakdown showing the amount of basic commissions comprised in the total commissions received by us from the insurer at the time that such commissions are received by us, then the amount of basic commissions shall be deemed to be 45% of the total commissions received by us, for the purpose of computing the amount of rebate to be paid to you (if any).
8. All rebates will be credited directly into your designated bank account less any applicable taxes (including without limitation, goods and services tax) at the prevailing rate, and administrative and bank charges. It is your obligation to inform us if you wish to use another bank account to receive rebates, and to inform us of changes to your contact details. Although we will endeavour to notify you if the rebates cannot be to be paid into your designated account for whatever reason, you agree that we are under no obligation to do so.
9. Medical expenses may be incurred in connection with medical examinations which may be required in connection with insurance policy applications. You agree to bear the medical expenses if (a) you cancel or fail to take up a policy after the proposal has been accepted by the insurer, or (b) the proposal lapses or is deemed withdrawn by the insurer because you failed to submit all necessary documents required by the insurer.
10. If you cancel any insurance policy within the cancellation period set out in the policy document:
(a) any insurance premium paid by you will be refunded after deduction of the applicable medical expenses and administrative fees; and
(b) you will promptly repay us any rebate which we have paid to you on the policy that is cancelled.
11. You hereby agree to fully indemnify us and our officers, employees and agents (“Indemnified Parties”) from and against any and all claims, actions, losses, damages, costs and expenses arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with:
(a) any act or omission by you or any person acting on your behalf (including without limitation, the provision of any false or misleading declaration or information); and/or
(b) your negligence or default (including without limitation your breach of any provision in these terms and conditions).
12. It is your obligation to perform your own independent due diligence and assessment on each product and service and the Third Party Provider prior to committing to any legally binding arrangement in connection with such product or service.
13. To the maximum extent permissible under applicable law, we shall not be liable to you or any other person for any damages, loss, cost or expense suffered by you or any other person in connection with:
(a) any act or omission of any third party;
(b) any action brought against you by a third party;
(c) your reliance on or use of any information or materials provided by any third party or the accuracy, correctness or completeness thereof;
(d) any materials or information sent to or received by you or any third party over the Internet; or
(e) any other reason not directly attributable to us,
even if such events are foreseeable or even if we had had been advised of the possibility of such events occurring. For the purpose of this paragraph, the term “third party” includes a Third Party Provider.
14. We shall not be liable for any loss of business, profit, goodwill or any type of special, indirect or consequential loss.
15. We shall not be responsible or liable for any failure to perform or fulfil our obligations if such failure is due to circumstances beyond our control, including, but not limited to acts of God, war, riots and sabotage.
16. We may terminate our contractual relationship with you:
(a) with 30 days’ prior written notice to you without cause prior to your purchase of the product or service which is the subject of the contractual relationship;
(b) immediately by written notice to you if you breach any provision of a contract with us and such breach is not rectified within 14 days of our written notice to you requiring remedy of such breach; or
(c) immediately by written notice to you if:(i) you commit any crime or offence in connection with any dishonesty, fraud, money-laundering, terrorist financing, or tax non-compliance or evasion; or(ii) it becomes unlawful for us to deal with you.
17. On the termination of our contractual relationship with you, your entitlement to rebates will cease, and we have the right to set-off any amount that you owe to us from any amount which we owe you. Termination of our contractual relationship will not prejudice:
(a) the rights of either party against the other subsisting at the date of termination; and
(b) any contractual term which by operation of law survives or is specifically stated to survive termination. For the avoidance of doubt, and without limiting the generality of the foregoing, paragraphs 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 and 16 survive termination of our contractual relationship with you.
18. You shall not, in any litigation proceeding, challenge the admissibility as evidence or the accuracy of a data log or electronic record provided by us in whatever form it may be presented.
19. Our relationship with you is that of an independent service provider, and not that of joint venture, partnership, agency or employer-employee.
20. We may run promotions or campaigns for our products or services on our website. Terms and conditions in relation to these promotions or campaigns are subject to change which we reserve the right to amend from time to time.
21. Any waiver of a breach or default by us must be in writing and shall not be construed as a waiver of any other breach or default. Our failure or delay to enforce any contractual provisions shall not constitute a waiver of such provision unless we confirm the waiver in writing.
22. If any provision of these terms and conditions is held to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal for any reason, such provision shall be deemed severed from the remaining provisions which will nevertheless continue in full force and effect.
23. You shall not assign your contractual relationship with us to any third party without our prior written consent.
24. A third party has no right under The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act Cap 53B to enforce your contract with us except and to the extent (if any) where the contract expressly provides that such third party has the right to enforce the contract.
25. These terms and conditions and the document to which it is annexed (which has been accepted by you) sets forth and shall constitute the entire agreement between us and shall supersede any and all promises, representations, warranties or any other statements whether written or oral, provided always that any variations made under and in accordance with these terms and conditions shall constitute part of the agreement.
26. You agree that these terms and conditions shall not be construed adversely against us solely on the ground that we were responsible for the issuance of these terms and conditions.
27. These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore and you agree to be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore.
28. We make no representation and do not warrant that the products or services made available or provided by us are appropriate or available for any other countries or jurisdictions or satisfy their laws. You agree that you are responsible for complying with all applicable laws, rules and regulations at your own cost and expense.
1.2 NTUC Social Enterprise Group. We are an organisation that is affiliated to NTUC Enterprise Co-operative Limited (“NTUC Enterprise”). Our organisation is also a member of the group of organisations and social enterprises which make up NTUC Social Enterprises (see http://ntucsocialenterprises.sg/) (collectively “NTUC Social Enterprise Group”). Although we are part of the NTUC Social Enterprise Group, each member of the group is only responsible to you to the extent of its own collection, use and disclosure of your personal data, and its own actions.
1.3 Compliance with this Policy. This Policy applies to all personal data you provide to us, or that we may collect about you. Please do not provide any personal data to us if you do not accept this Policy.
We may also require you to accept this Policy when you contact, interact, transact or deal with us, or when you access and use our websites, applications or services. If you notify us that you do not accept this Policy, we may not be able to establish a relationship with you or be able to service your requests.
1.4 Concerns and Contacting Us. If you have any feedback or issues in relation to your personal data, or about this Policy, or wish to make a complaint to us, you may contact our Data Protection Officer whose contact details are set out below. If you wish to make a formal complaint, you may also do so with any data protection regulator or authority having jurisdiction over us.
Justin Tan, Data Protection OfficerEmail address: DPO@moneyowl.com.sg
1.5 Amendment to this Policy. We may amend this Policy from time to time without notice to you, to comply with applicable laws or as we update our data usage and handling processes. The updated Policy will supersede earlier versions and will apply to personal data provided to us previously. The amended Policy will take effect when made available at www.moneyowl.com.sg.
2. Personal Data
2.1 What personal data we collect. The Personal data we collect depends on the purposes for which we require the personal data and what you have chosen to provide. This may include your name, address, contact information (e.g. telephone number and email address), identification number, photograph, video image and any other information that may identify you or is personal to you.
2.2 How we collect personal data. We collect personal data relevant to our relationship with you. We may collect your personal data directly or indirectly through various channels, including when:
Depending on your relationship with us, we may also collect your personal data from third parties, including:
Our website and applications may also contain or involve certain technologies that automate the collection of data (including personal data). These technologies include cookies, web beacons and web analytics. If you do not wish to have your data collected through such technologies you may disable the operation of these technologies on your devices (where possible), or you may refrain from using our websites and applications.
2.3 Voluntary provision of personal data. Your provision of personal data to us is voluntary and you have the right to withdraw your consent for us to use your personal data at any time by contacting and submitting a request to us. Your withdrawal will take effect after your request is processed. However, if you choose not to provide us with the personal data we require, it may not be possible for us to fulfil the purposes for which we require the personal data, including providing products and services which you need from us.
2.4 Providing personal data belonging to others. In certain circumstances, you may also provide the personal data of persons other than yourself (including your family members). If you do so, you are responsible for informing him / her of the purposes for which we require his/her personal data and warrant that you are validly acting on behalf of him/her to consent to our collection, use and disclosure of his / her personal data.
2.5 Accuracy and Completeness of personal data. You must ensure that all personal data that you provide is true, accurate and complete and promptly inform us of any changes to the personal data.
2.5 Minor. If you are a child, minor or not of legal age, please inform and seek the consent of your parent or guardian, before you provide your personal data to us. If you are a parent or guardian and you have reason to believe your child or ward has provided us with their personal data without your consent, please contact us to request for the erasure of their personal data.
3.1 We collect, use and disclose your personal data where:
3.2 General purposes. Generally, we collect, use and disclose your personal data for purposes connected or relevant to our business, including:
3.3 Marketing purposes. If you have provided us with your consent, your personal data may be used for the purposes of marketing our products, events and services and those of our strategic partners and business associates (e.g. insurance companies, banks and financial institutions), and other organisations and enterprises which are part of the NTUC Social Enterprise Group. In order for us to market products, events and services which are of specific interest and relevance to you, we may analyse and rely on your personal data provided to us, or data collected from your interactions with us.
In the event that you would like to withdraw your consent given to us, please email the Data Protection Officer at the email address set out in paragraph 1.4, and we will process your request accordingly.
3.4 Legitimate business interests.Our legitimate business interests include:
3.5 Purposes involving NTUC Social Enterprise Group. NTUC Enterprise has responsibility for the organisations and enterprises within the NTUC Social Enterprise Group. Some of our business and administrative functions are also served by NTUC Enterprise. For administrative efficiencies and to allow us to better serve your needs, your personal data may also be collected, used and disclosed to NTUC Enterprise and/or an organisation within the NTUC Social Enterprise Group for the following purposes:
3.6 Use permitted under applicable laws. We may also collect, use, disclose and process your personal data for other purposes, without your knowledge or consent, where this is required or permitted by law.
3.7 Contacting you. When using your personal data to contact you for the above purposes, we may contact you via email, e-mail, SMS, telephone, pop-up notifications (when you are using our applications), or any other means.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes unless with your consent, or we are exempted by applicable law from having to obtain consent. When contacting you for marketing purposes, we will not contact you through your telephone number, unless you have specifically consented to such a mode of communication. If you do not wish to receive any communication or information from us or wish to restrict the manner by which we may contact or send you information, you may contact us to do so.
3.8 Please note that should you not consent to provide us with the relevant personal data to fulfil the purposes of collection, use and disclosure of your personal information, it may hinder our ability to continue to service or interact with you.
3.9 Where consent is not obtained, we may collect, use and disclose your Personal Data pursuant to an exception under the PDPA or other written law when the use is necessary.
4. Disclosure of Personal Data
4.1 Disclosure to NTUC Social Enterprise Group. We may disclose or share your personal data with NTUC Enterprise and/or the NTUC Social Enterprise Group for the purposes described in paragraph 3.5.
4.2 Other Disclosures. We may also disclose or share your personal data in connection with the purposes described in paragraphs 3.2, 3.3 and 3.4 above, including to the following parties:
5. Cross Jurisdiction Transfers of Personal Data
5.1 We may transfer your personal data out of Singapore for the purposes set out in paragraph 3 above. When transferring personal data outside Singapore, we will require recipients of the personal data to protect personal data at a standard comparable to that under the laws of Singapore. For example, we may enter into legally enforceable agreements with the recipients to ensure that they protect your personal data. You may obtain details of these safeguards by contacting us.
6. Protection of Personal Data
6.1 Period of retention. We keep your personal data only for so long as we need the data to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, and to satisfy our business and legal purposes, including audit, accounting or reporting requirements. How long we keep your personal data depends on the nature of the data, e.g. we keep personal data for at least the duration of the limitation period for bringing claims if the personal data may be required to commence or defend legal proceedings. Certain information may also be retained for longer, e.g. where we are required to do so by law. Typically, our data retention period is from 6 years upwards, depending on the limitation period. In the absence of a need to retain personal data, we will either delete or aggregate it or, if this is not possible then we will securely store your personal data and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
6.2 Anonymised data. In some circumstances, we may anonymise your personal data so that it no longer identifies you, in which case we are entitled to retain and use such anonymised data without restriction, including for data analytics.
6.3 Unauthorised access and vulnerabilities. While we take reasonable precautions to safeguard your personal data in our possession or under our control, we cannot be held responsible for unauthorised or unintended access that is beyond our control, including hacking or cybercrimes. We also do not guarantee that our websites and applications are invulnerable to security breaches, or that your use of our websites and applications is safe and protected from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other vulnerabilities.
7. Your Rights
7.1 You enjoy certain rights at law in relation to your personal data that we hold or control. These rights include:
7.2 Other rights. Depending on the laws applicable to you, you may also enjoy additional rights. For example, if you are resident in the European Union, you may also enjoy certain additional rights, including:
7.3 Exercising your rights. If you wish to exercise your rights, you may contact us to do so (see paragraph 1.4 above for contact details).We may require that you submit certain forms or provide certain information to process your request. Where permitted by law, we may charge you a fee to process your request. We may also be permitted under applicable laws to refuse a request.
7.4 Limitations. We may be permitted under applicable laws to refuse your request to exercise your rights, for example, we may refuse (a) a request for erasure where the personal data is required for in connection with claims; or (b) an objection request and continue processing your personal data based on compelling legitimate grounds for the processing.
8. Personal Data Protection Policy (For Job Applicants)
8.1 We collect, use, disclose, and protect personal data in compliance with the PDPA. Personal data collected may include but not limited to, name, address, contact details, NRIC, or other identification number, telephone numbers, email address, photograph, video image, personal data of family members, education background, employment history, references and results of employment checks.
8.2 Voluntary provision of personal data. Your provision of personal data to us is voluntary. However, if you choose not to provide us with the personal data we require, it may not be possible for us to employ you, contact you, process your application, or consider you for employment.
8.3 Providing personal data belonging to others. If you provide the personal data of anyone other than yourself (such as your character references or family members), you warrant that you have informed him/her of the purposes for which we require his/her personal data and that he/she has consented to your disclosure of his/her personal data to us for those purposes.
8.4 Accuracy and completeness of personal data. You must ensure that all personal data that you provide is true, accurate and complete and promptly inform us of any changes to the personal data.
8.5 Protection of personal data. To safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as up-to-date antivirus protection, encryption and the use of privacy filters to secure all storage and transmission of personal data by us, and disclosing personal data both internally and to our authorised third party service providers and agents only on a need-to-know basis. You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
To obtain further details, you can download the complete Personal Data Protection Policy (For Job Applicants) in the provided PDF.
Get the best of MoneyOwl delivered straight to your inbox.
Design a financial plan to ensure you reach your life goals with ease.
Comprehensive Financial Planning
Working With No Dependents
Supporting Your Family
Retired/Planning for Retirement
All Life Stages
Get the coverage you need to secure your loved ones’ well-being.
Term Life Insurance
Critical Illness Insurance
Retirement Income Insurance
500,000+ insurance benefits and premiums are just a few clicks away
Make the most of your savings with reliable long-term returns.
Grow cash savings safely
Flexible, exclusive income solution by MoneyOwl and Fullerton
Systematic investing based on Nobel prize winning research
Connect With Us